Thursday, October 13, 2016

Why I love food and why I choose

If anyone knew me, they would know that I love to cook, I love to bake and most of all, I love to eat. It's not really hard to make me happy, just give me a flapjack and I'm already happy. But over the years, I've actually realised that it's not actually the act of eating that gets me feeling satisfied, rather, it's the wholesomeness of the food that keeps me happy and fulfilled. I love a slice of cake or two (or I'd just leave the plate with a slice and take the whole thing), but I'd rather pair it with a cup of tea to help me wash it down, if you know what I mean ;) .

However, the trouble is that we all have that urge of eating chocolate or sweets and once we're in that zone of just eating sweets, we binge eat our way through and that's really not what we intended to do in the first place. The problem is that sugar causes our blood glucose levels to spike and causes us to be hyper, but it's the sugar crash after a couple of hours that really is the thing that causes us to feel sluggish and annoyed. This in turn, leaves us craving something that would get us back to that "high" and the easiest fix? Sugar, or caffeine. I usually go for another cup of coffee or tea and honestly, it's the worst feeling ever. But then again, you just go back to the same damn routine of having more of that horrible sweetness. 

Asides that however, I'm on a continuous journey of just looking after myself but it gets very hard when you commit to a notorious cycle of sweet binge and especially when people offer it to you, it's hard to say no. But I suppose, it's a choice and I'm not capable of saying no. However, I don't really feel guilty when I eat sweets, rather, I just feel guilty when I put on weight. But, haha, we all know that isn't going to stop me. 

Anyway, if you're the type of person who is looking to resist sugar, I won't say don't have any, rather, I'd say, choose what you'd like to have and instead of taking everything, if they're sweets, keep it for later but if it's cake, stop yourself from having that second slice, have a cup of tea or drink a cup of water beforehand. I find that really helpful and I am guilty of eating fondant and the icing on top of cakes. 

I'm looking for new topics that people would potentially be interested in. If anyone is interested in my opinion, do drop me a line or two on my facebook account, I'd be more than happy to write.

Till my next post. xx

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In order change my eating habits I started to appreciate the taste and health value instead of the amount. It was difficult at first but as the time goes by you start to feel better. I did this because it was doctor orders. I'm obese and I started to have high pressure. When you put yourself in that situation and want to change it, it has to be a no brainer to made the right choice when it comes to portions. But, when you are not on that situation it's easy to say "what's the worst thing that could happen?" until the problems start. My advice is go to a doctor for a check up at least once a year so he tell you what's up. At least it would help to change your life quality. Let's say I could live until 66 years with my obesity, but living with regular back pain and headaches, it would not be cool.

    Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete