Friday, August 19, 2016

Appreciation post

First of all, my plan to post once every Friday did not work, but it works better to have it once every two weeks, so, yes, that's what it's going to be with the occasional bonus pieces. This post is literally to share my experiences over the past month. The pictures illustrated in no form justifies the chronology of the events that has taken place. 

So here it goes:

Over a course of 3 weeks, I participated in an International Cultural Exchange Programme which was also referred to as #ICE2016 which brought together people from 5 countries, namely, India, Ghana, Pakistan, Malaysia and China, in which we were able to share our different cultures and put aside our differences. The 3 weeks that I had spent at my own University, Lancaster University, made me see a whole different side to my University, the culture of others as well as realisation of the similarities that we shared. 

I put myself out open to every sort of possibilities in the hopes of gaining new experiences and friends and I honestly felt like you truly reap what you sow. I put myself out there and I was able to meet so many different kinds of people from so many different countries. There were over 200 students and it was all extremely overwhelming to be in a situation where you were facing so many new individuals and having so little time. 

Beginning the programme, I had no initial thoughts or hopes for it. I did not give it much thought and literally just packed my bag a day before I left and hoped for the best. But the experiences and the friends that I have made are invaluable altogether. Never in a million years would I have imagined my life to be this way. 

Every day of #ICE2016 was packed with activities and we were able to experience so many things in a short period of time. There was no time for us to digest it all and now that a week has passed since the end of our journey together, it's slowly starting to sink in and I have finally had the chance to reflect on all the experiences that I've had. 

I'm normally a person who likes being on my own and who loves doing things on my own. Of course I do have friends and I love hanging out with people, but sometimes, I just like being locked away from the outside world with just the time to think, read (leisure reading) and also to learn new things from the online community. I absolutely love art, make up, trends, fashion and sports and I try my best to keep up to date with the latest trend in make up and I'm also currently dabbling in minimalism and zero waste (And the KonMari method). But seldom do I ever put myself out there just to be open to possibilities. 

However, #ICE2016 gave me the chance to just bring out the inner child in me and go all crazy without paying no attention to anything people say. I never would have said, yes, put me in a room filled with 200 people and I'll go speak to all of them, but I did and that's a mini accomplishment on its own and I never would have thought I would dislocate my finger as many times as I did over the course of 3 weeks (3 is the answer, in case you were wondering). I also got to meet so many lovely people and I'm looking forward to meeting them in their own country. 

I had the same food I did when I first came to England over the course of 3 weeks as I was in a catered accommodation and it brought back a whirl of emotions, to say the least. I also met buddies whom I will cherish for the rest of my life and I've met crew members whom I will be joining next year during my Master's. All in all, it's been a fantastic 3 weeks and funnily enough, the 3 weeks last year, I was in Tanzania, Africa and I'm definitely going to get in touch with them again. I still keep in touch with a few people but I feel like I should properly just speak to them and hopefully plan a reunion soon enough. I wonder what next year has in store for me, but, I trust that it would all be good. 

I also would like to thank everyone who keeps reading my blog and never fail to let me know your thoughts every time you see me. I might post another post in a a few days on my opinion on something as I know you all like reading it and you always give me great reviews when it comes to that. Definitely let me know what you'd like me to write or comment on and I will try my best to fulfill it in the best way possible.



Ashton Memorial


Cody


Something I do when I'm home. I love my new home.


Just pictures we took on our tour and throughout the programme. There are some people that I had more pictures with and some people that I don't have a picture with. I also have some pictures which have been taken but I have forgotten to put in here, but this is just to summarise my month and I look awful in some pictures. This is just so that if anyone would like to have a copy of the pictures, you could save it and I don't mind as long as you don't take credit for my artistic work. haha. 


















































































































































Last but not least, over the course of the next two months, I will attempt to send all of you a thank you message. I apologise in advance if I miss anyone out. Just give me a nudge and I will make sure to write one out for you. Love you all. I've said too many goodbyes this year and I hope that this is not the end of any of our friendships. I'm just a text or a call away and I literally don't mind hanging on the phone with any of you. A few people already do and I would love to keep in touch with each and everyone of you, students and buddies alike. 

I absolutely love you all.

Hope to see you all soon. 

Till my next post. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment