Thursday, March 17, 2016

End of 30 day challenge and a snippet of my life.

Hello there lovelies, so, today, I'm going to talk about a few things, but the main one would be my 30 day challenge success and also to talk to you guys about how I've progressed and what I've been doing lately to keep up with this progress. I also want to talk about some events I have attended as well as keep you up to date with things that are going on my life, kind of. 

So, let's start with the weight loss journey. I know a lot of you have been following my weight loss journey (because a lot of you have told me about how much my blog has helped motivate you) which I obviously am so happy when I am able to help even a single person. I think I've gone over how much I love blogging because it's not about how many followers but it's how it makes an impact to anyone that chooses to read it. So, I started my weight loss journey in February and I completed the 30 day challenge on the 13th of March and so, I think it kind of gives you a rough idea as to how I have progressed. So far, I have lost 8kg altogether which is roughly 17.6 pounds or 1 1/4 stones. 

I did this by following the workout regimen from my previous post and I also did have many down days where I ended up eating a lot of sugary things because I was feeling ill, and basically, I don't deprive myself if I'm ill, I eat healthy no matter what but sometimes, you have to let yourself indulge. I have cheat days every Thursday because that is my busiest day, 9am till 9pm. This experiment 30 day challenge has really helped me rev up my metabolism and just helped me lead a more fulfilling and more active lifestyle. 

I want to first share with you this Before picture, which is 2 weeks into the healthy eating and workout regimen, because this is going to a rough starting point for my 90 days challenge which I am going to write about more consistently. 


The top photo of me in the black top literally is my biggest achievement, I could not fit that at all, it's a UK size 8 and I absolutely loved it and so bought it which at the time was really loose for me, but I started gaining weight, mainly because of my trip to Africa and hence, the weight gain just stuck because I was eating really unhealthily. 

So, now that I can fit in it, I am absolutely happy. And honestly, it's by following my routine on my previous post. I can honestly say I'm so much happier now and the scale just does not prove it. But, losing 17.6 pound in 1 month is honestly something I'm super proud about. 

Next, I really want to talk about The Body Shop launch event that I went to for the British Rose products because hey, everyone knows how much I love their products, I use so many of their products! So, about a week ago, I was invited for this launch party and was so happy to be able to try out their products, I mean, I love roses, but I honestly was so scared because of so many products that either come out too strong, but this was perfect. Even the friend that I brought along who did not like roses, enjoyed this product. 


The snack bar, of course I was eating the crisps set out. 




The products- British Rose.


The goodies they gave us to take home. I absolutely love their grapefruit product and I had bought the early-harvest raspberry body butter which I'm still using, so, I was really thrilled. 


And then, I entered this random competition by The Northern train line and won a £100 restaurant voucher which was so unexpected but I plan to use it when my parents comes up for my graduation. Super excited about this, just wanted to thank Northern Line for this amazing gift that I honestly did not expect. 


Also, I just want to clear this misconception of me putting my sweet tooth in the back seat, no way in this lovely world am I going to give up chocolate, I just make it healthier. So, here are some things that I have baked, because, if you have been following me, you know that I CANNOT live without sweet, baked goods. 


This is my gyeran-ppang (Korean street food- egg bread) which I absolutely love.



Home-made cinnamon rolls with a vanilla, cream cheese glaze.


Ginger tea with pine nuts when I was feeling absolutely ill.


Went out with R for a typical British brunch where I had Raspberry white chocolate scone while R had an apricot vanilla scone and we had cream tea to go with that because I love cream tea, obviously.


My messy eating and hail the home-made jam. Absolutely loved it!




And this is my own invention, it's a yoghurt chocolate cake, two-tiered of course, with matcha white chocolate topping and filling and toasted pistachio, sandwiched and topped. I don't think a lot of people would like it because it is not sweet at all, but I honestly love the tarte flavour.


I also made my own variation of the Shibuya toast and I feel it's a lot healthier comparatively and it tastes so delicious.


And I heard of a new cafe that opened in Manchester, which served this wonderful egg puff with matcha ice cream, and if you haven't caught on, I have this obsession with matcha now. So delicious, but the ice-cream was not enough and I don't find the portion size that big, don't be fooled by the size in the picture. I will however be talking more about this on my second page which I will link somewhere. 


Had cinnamon rolls at the store in Manchester as well, pecan cinammon rolls, although I honestly just prefer their normal ones after trying this, which I will also have in my second blog. But, in case you're wondering where it's from, it's from a place called Rollers at Manchester Arndale Center. You're welcome. 


Lastly, here is slices of my pizza because I felt like it. 

So, as you can see, I do have my occassional treat every now and then, but I generally eat healthy, I'm going to start a 90 day clean eating, with healthier desserts and I will be starting it on Tuesday. So, if you're interested, feel free to follow me on Snapchat: amyisabella93 where I do post pictures of my food and just continue following this blog. 

Lastly, here are pictures of snow in the beginning of March, and a couple of sunsets which I absolutely love. 






A picture of the tunnel we explored during my time volunteering to get things ready for the Defying Dementia campaign.

Till my next post. xx

P/S: Feel free to ask me questions, I will try my best to answer them! Love you all. Thank you for reading. I appreciate all the support I get! xx


No comments:

Post a Comment