Monday, February 15, 2016

You are what you eat

Hello there lovelies, I'm back again yet with another post on healthy eating and lifestyle. Why? Well, it's personally just something I have been struggling from and I think that it's never not a good time to share what you think and help other people out.


So, recently, I had been gaining weight and when I say gain weight, I have reached the 70kg mark point for a 1.69m person. Yes, it may still be in the normal BMI range, but there's thing called your ideal weight, at which you look your best at and at the moment, this isn't it.


I started gaining all this weight after I went to Africa for a month. Understandably, all the food that I had consisted mostly of carbohydrates and I was eating well over 3000 calories a day, but obviously during the time, I never even thought about it let alone take it into consideration. Hence, the massive weight gain.


After coming back from Africa, I was still eating relatively unhealthily, more so at the time when I was moving houses. I started trying to lose the weight around mid-November and it's already February and I haven't quite seen much changes in my weight, but I can tell that I have lost inches as I can now fit into my old jeans, at least one of them. But I really want to fit into my old tops. I've started a new workout regimen in which I intend to lose 20kg over the course of 30 days. At the moment, it is day 3, today that is. My diet consists mostly of greens, I go to the gym almost everyday except weekends and then I'm following the monthly Blogilates calendar.


I'm trying to see if this works for me and if this does, then, I will be sharing my workout journey. I am still not sure as to why I'm not losing weight, I want to say it's because of the gain in muscle mass but I can't say that for sure as I haven't noticed any noticeable changes as I said before except for being able to fit into my old jeans. I have noticed burst veins on my thighs and I think I'm going to ring my GP to just make sure that everything is alright. I just want to make sure that nothing is wrong with me.


I will update on what was said by my GP and I advice that if you're having trouble like me, you should consult a dietician or a GP or someone that is certified in giving sound medical advice.


On another note, I'm so excited with the new projects I have and I'm planning to share with all of you very soon. I've been working on this for quite some time and hence the reason as to why I haven't been blogging very often.


Till my next post. xx

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your weight lost journey, Amira :)...I just saw some recent photos of me and I look like a whale!! Crrryyyyy -_- I've got to start jogging and do some fitness regime myself...so good luck to both of us! :p take care! xx

    ReplyDelete