Thursday, November 5, 2015

It Failed. It CRASHED!

Well, I did mention about how I was doing the no sugar diet. And it has finally crashed after a month. Not even 3 months. That's how pathetic the outcome is. 



What I did was eliminate everything that contained sugar or added sugar by only eating things with natural sugar in it such as vegetables, fruits and mostly I found myself eating food high in carbs as almost everything contained sugar. 

I found my body craving for sugar and I had withdrawal effects which meant that sugar is indeed addictive, I craved chocolate a lot more and I tried eating more protein which satiated the beast for a while, but not for long, I felt the need to eat more things, I craved for weird things and I would eat even when I was not hungry. 

But at the end of the day, it taught me a thing or two. Firstly, now I prefer my tea with milk but no sugar. I am able to ration my sugar intake by not taking it in the raw form but if it was incorporated in say, mayonnaise, I would have it. But I don't drink soft drinks or juice as they have a lot of sugar, I stick to freshly squeezed fruit juice or fruits in general. I have also realised that it is alright to have candy every now and then just not always. 

By making a permanent cut in sugar rather than cutting it out entirely, I've been able to feel a lot more energised than I would feel otherwise. Having too much sugar did always make me feel tired. I especially love smoothies and drinking plenty of water is also key in making sure that everything in your body runs smoothly. It keeps you hydrated and it also flushes out the toxin from your body which I think is important.

Thence concludes my no-sugar diet. It has been a mind opening and physically challenging opportunity. Lest assured, I have enjoyed experiencing it for myself. 

Just to speak more about what I ate as well, I had pasta with sundried tomatoes and pine nuts, mostly olio rather than having it with tomato sauce, as I've heard how much sugar is added into pasta sauce. 


I also had lots of salad and incorporated feta cheese into my diet which is what I had most in Turkey. 

To satisfy my cravings, I made oven baked sweet potato fries which was helpful as it was sweet and savoury at the same time.


Another thing I found extremely comforting is in having tea. Tea helped in curbing the hunger pangs and it also helped in overcoming my sweet tooth. So, here's to tea. 


That about sums up mostly what I had during my time doing this no-sugar diet. Not forgetting the countless smoothies I used to make as those really helped me curb my sweet tooth. Bananas are packed with potassium and provides you with energy and I found myself helping myself to a lot of them. So, cheers to smoothies too. 

Thanks to everyone who supported me in realising this experience. 


Till my next post. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment