Saturday, October 10, 2015

The 3 months challenge

Family and friends, I've decided to do the 3 month challenge of cutting out all sugar containing food which includes anything that contains preservatives and E numbers. For those who know me, you would know how hard it is for me to do. Excruciating is the word. For a person who consumes so much sugar, I am kind of surprised that I am not actually overweight. Although, I can bear witness to being extremely unhealthy. 

I don't even drink enough water and that is extremely bad for my health. I love flavour, food, if you know me, you'd know that my topic of discussion is always going to be food or travel. Because those are the two things that I love. I love unhealthy junk food and I love eating sweets, having ice-cream, heck, I still have got that tub of Haagen Dasz in my fridge, which I won't be touching for a long time. 

Anyway, the reason as to why I decided to do this challenge is because I have been reading so many things about how sugar is bad for you. I mean, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out, but I think just like me, I need someone to do it, to prove it. And what better way to do it than to do it yourself? Right? 

So, my current weight is 63.4kg, which is approximately 10 stones, or 140 pounds. Some people may say, oh, that's not much. But I am actually not toned, absolutely equipped with no stamina whatsoever and the heaviest thing that I lift is my box of juice. 

My goal is to assess how cutting out 3 months worth of sugar would make me feel and look. Acne is also fueled by sugar, so, in general consensus I would like to know how cutting out sugar would affect my skin and my overall performance.



What does sugar do to your brain? When you consume sugar, your body produces insulin to counteract the spike in your blood sugar level. And this isn't really good for you, because that spike is the thing that makes you crave for more sugar. It's like the modern day drug which is legal. You crave for more sugar time and time again and that is what causes you to gain weight and it's a legitimate addiction. 

I am deciding to put this to the test. As people have told me that if you take out sugar, you will have the withdrawal effect at first, but you will feel better after that, you'd feel a lot more energised and with this, it means, you will gain better control of your body. Making it easier to wake up in the morning, which is crucial, because you have no idea how many 9 am lectures I have. 

Anyway, putting this to the test here is Miss Amateur-sugar-loving-porcupine

Til' my next post. xx





1 comment:

  1. Do update about your progress and how you feel...have only read about this is articles, so would really like to know the effects from someone i actually know ^_^ all the best amira! xx

    ReplyDelete