Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Why older women should not date younger boys.

So, I'm finally going to be in my twenties, come this June and many of my friends who are about the same age as I am are choosing to date younger boys, say, around 16? 15? 

To me, I think that it is ridiculous, I wouldn't mind if this happened when the women was in her late 30s and the man was in his early 30s because they'd both already be mature by then. Maybe not all but most of them anyway.

But, through what I see, many of my girlfriends who date younger boys end up getting themselves hurt. I wouldn't be surprised. You chose to date a boy, who is still figuring out things about himself. He's only dating you to look cool among his friends.

Even some of my younger brother's friend have said things like I, my brother's sister is "hot". Like, I was honestly in the "WHAT THE HELL?" kind of a situation. They asked how old I was and when he said, 20, guess what they said??? "Ah, still got chance"


Then again, I always say that they're joking. Just to tease my brother. Guys.

Anyway, back to my point. I wouldn't even date guys my age because most of them still haven't actually "discovered" themselves and they're boys. I don't want to date someone that I will have to babysit, no way. 

I hate those needy, clingy, possessive, jealous, irritating and narcissistic kind of people. I hate when they expect me to give them all of my time but they expect me to wait when I need them. I hate those clingy boyfriends who has to be around me all the time. I hate those jealous boyfriends that get jealous so easily even when you talk to a random stranger whose gender is male. I hate those irritating boyfriends who make a fuss about not calling them "baby" or expect you to listen to the same bullcrap story that they keep whining about. I hate those boyfriends who workout and they think they look so good. I hate those guys who think they can get any girl they want because of their body or looks. I used to not see looks or body, but honestly, just be average. We like to see men with extremely good features, but we'd never date them because they've got wandering eyes and they wouldn't stay (most of them).


I hate all these kind of things and this just reminds me of the movie, "The Ugly Truth", where men say that women are only looking for a man who fit their checklist, no, I don't have a checklist, actually, I do, but that's besides the point. Isn't it important to have certain standards in a man. Don't tell me you'd pick up anyone just because he's cute?





I know that men are programmed to think about sex all the time. But I think in my case, they'd have to forget all about it because I believe in abstinence, I do think that some people will abstain from having sex before marriage, but it's rare. But in Asian countries, it's easier to find although not that easy now.

I think dating younger guys is like dating your younger brother, although not literally, but the age gap makes it seem that way. Of course, they have the "baby face" that everyone loves but they don't have the mental maturity that older men have. 

Boys are still in the stage of experimenting with new things and don't tell me you would want to be a part of their experiment, being an older girl, I know there are quite a number of younger boys who would date me, I even had a stalker once who harassed my friend for my number, but I think that it's not worth it.

Even if someone my age told me they love me, I would ask why? I wouldn't just jump into a relationship just because someone tells me they love me. Maybe 3 years back, I would? I don't know. But most definitely, I never actually "liked" any guys for real. My attention span doesn't actually last long. 

I would want a long lasting relationship, no doubt about it. But I don't think you can do it with a boy, you just cannot. Maybe if you met when you both were already working, then, it could work. I mean, imagine, driving him around, paying for his expenses and all that. I'm not willing to do that.

If I was dating someone, I think I wouldn't want to pay for him or him to pay for me. Once, in a while, I do think it's fine. I don't mind paying or going dutch. But, if you were dating younger boys, you cannot be sure of anything. Say, he could have you as his girlfriend out of school and have another one in school and you wouldn't know a thing. You'd be totally detached from his friends because you couldn't mingle with them when you have friends of different age, sure you could sit there like a dumb idiot and try to start a conversation, but, no. Don't embarrass yourself.

Facebook relationship status. I honestly, would not put my relationship status on Facebook for everyone to see, I wouldn't even put pictures of me and him, I don't want the whole world to know what I'm doing with him. Normal pictures of your food would be okay, but don't tell me you want to put pictures of him hugging you. When you break up or IF you break up? Then, what happens to all those pictures?

Besides, I'm a muslim and we're not supposed to even be in a relationship. But, I think there are too many crazy people in this world, so, I will have to know them first, but just on dates, and no touching. I seriously cannot stand people touching me. Even if someone touched me by accident, I over dramaticize. 

It's fine if you're a non-muslim if you want to hug, kiss and all that, but I would say, don't have sex before marriage. It's a special thing, don't do it with someone you're not sure you're going to spend the rest of your life with. I mean, even if you got married, some don't last, so, what makes you think that a relationship would last? 

I know I'd probably have to meet a number of guys before actually settling down with them, but I think many people don't view the marriage constitution as something holy and they choose to get married at such a young age and then get divorced after a few years. Not my ideal relationship or marriage.

I have my personal views that cannot be used in the modern world. Maybe because I'm traditional minded and I love how the old fashioned way is, like courting and the men meeting the women's fathers. But, I don't know. I don't know if there are still people like that these days.

Anyway, my mum is back and I need to eat lunch and call my dad. 

Till my next post.

This post's hot guy:

Adam Levine



Need I say more? He's perfect.





No comments:

Post a Comment