Saturday, November 24, 2012

FEAR is what makes the heart st-t-t-o-p!

So, unavoidably, everyone has something they are afraid of, be it the fear of heights, the fear of insects, the fear of snakes, the fear of love, everyone has something they are afraid of. That might explain the numerous clinical terms for different fears. 

If you searched the list of phobias, on wiki, you can be sure to find it. To save you guys the trouble, I'm attaching the link here.

Who would have guessed that there was actually a fear of taking baths and it's known as ablutophobia or, what about the fear of hair known as chaetophobia. Wow, that's just mind boggling that some people are afraid of rather peculiar things. But, then again, who are we to judge, I mean, there must be a reason as to why they so much so detest or are afraid of something. Perhaps something happened to them in the past that made them so afraid of things. But, the fear that amuses me and which I sometimes say to my friends is:


No, I don't have this fear by the by.


What is your biggest fear?

My biggest fear is of heights. I get sick when I am required to be at really high grounds. I feel like as though my legs are wobbly, it's so jelly-like, that I sometimes doubt the existence of my bones. I feel a sickening feeling in my stomach, like as though I'm about to throw up, I feel like as though the wind alone is enough to blow me away and I'd fall down multiple storeys and die. 

How has this affected your life?

I think that by being afraid of heights, I'm restricted from going to higher grounds, it's okay if I cannot see the bottom, it's only when I can see the bottom and exactly how high up I am from the ground is when I get freaked out. I guess it could be because I used to get nightmares as a child of falling endlessly and possibly suffering a horrendous death. Being afraid of heights, I don't dare get on roller coasters or go bungee jumping from the Petronas Twin Towers. I guess, I am really missing out a lot in life, but somehow, I just wish the sickening feeling would go away and I would enjoy the feeling of being "on top of the world" when you're situated at higher grounds.

Tell us one of your experiences.

I can still remember going to the Lost World Of Tambun (Sunway Lagoon) in Ipoh and getting onto the Pirate ship. The Pirate Ship is a ship which rocks back and forth, each time going higher and higher, I was so afraid, especially because of the excessive "butterfly in your stomach" kind of feeling, that I started screaming and yelling until the operator had to stop the ride so that I could come off. I was shaken by that experience and I never did go onto that ride, even though I have gone there again countless times before.


So, I was doing some reading online and I came across the Astro's Fear Factor Malaysia. I've watched fear factor US edition and others before, and I still remember how the participants used to scream and cry when facing their fears. *shrugs* 



Face your fears!

Look,



Pay a visit to their Facebook page: Astro's Fear Factor Malaysia

So, this show is shown on Astro Ria (Channel 104). I've actually watched a few episodes, and I find it very entertaining, but then again, watching it is completely different from participating in it. It's painful to watch others suffer, just imagine being a part of it and facing your fears, your own fears and others were watching. Wow, now that, I cannot imagine.

So, who do I think would win, or I hope would win? None other than Hafizul Ahmad and Hefny Sahad, of course. My favourite artist however is Elfira, but I don't really think she would, no offense to her, but she seems too girly to take up the challenge. I do hope she will try though.


Or Pati and Zoey

But I know that many people are opting for Dr. Faiz, another one of our angkasawan (astronaut).




Well, we'll see how things end won't we. But, somehow, speaking about fears, I'm suddenly reminded of Kelly Clarkson's song- What doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger. (But you might die of a heart attack from being too afraid, right?)

What are you waiting for, don't you have to watch some episodes?
After all, Fear Factor House – Is your chance to experience Fear Factor live!

Till my next post! xx


No comments:

Post a Comment