Friday, July 20, 2012

Respect

Respect is defined as:

1.
esteem for or a sense of the worth or excellence of person, a personal quality or ability, or something considered as a manifestation of a personal quality or ability: I have great respect for her judgment.
2.
deference to a right, privilege, privileged position, or someone or something considered to have certain rights orprivileges; proper acceptance or courtesy; acknowledgment:respect for a suspect's right to counsel; to show respect for the flag; respect for the elderly.
3.
the condition of being esteemed or honored: to be held in respect.

I do believe that respect is something that should be given and not only received. Many a times, we don't appreciate the amount of respect that people have towards us and that is just sad. Simply saying, respect is taken for granted. 

Look, just because a person likes you, it doesn't mean that their respect can be taken for granted. If a person hates you, then it's clear that you've lost their respect but not all the time as sometimes, you don't have to like the person to respect them. For example, your teachers. I'm giving teachers as an example because (not to disrespect them) but most of the time, they are very much like a terrorist, forcing knowledge upon us and resisting our questions and we hate that. (not all teachers are the same) But this exact thing that drives us crazy doesn't make us throw a fit and march out of the classroom right? That's because our parents taught us to respect our elders.

But nowadays, I'm constantly facing people that just don't know how to respect people's privacy, personal emotions, in short, they are the ones I call emotional terrorists. Those who inflict emotional pain and psychologically torment you. 

I for one have had it with these kind of people. I don't let myself be pushed around by worthless people. My time and energy can be channeled elsewhere and honestly, I'm not interested in petty things that are directed at me in any way at all.

Respect covers a wide range of things, skin colour, idea, music, interest, height, weight, sexual orientation and the list goes on and on. 
Respect is truly something you earn not something given. But sometimes, respect can be a gift and when you don't value that gift, when you take that gift for granted, it just becomes useless and what do you do with useless things? You throw it away. When you throw away the respect from people, it's like throwing away the gift given to you in front of their face. Be sure that you'll have your respect thrown in the drain in front of your face as well. If you don't know how to give respect, you don't deserve to be respected at all.


When you have every right to be respected, when you have done nothing wrong and people take your respect for granted, what you got to do it demand it. Yes, demand it. How? By not giving your respect in return. You don't deserve to be treated like sh*t. No one does. No one has the rights to revoke your happiness when you give them no permission to. Remember, there is always that delete button in real life called ignorance. 

You know when they say ignorance is bliss? Well, whoever said that was a genius. Because trust me, I've had my fair share of uneducated people mistreating me and the best revenge is to ignore them. Let them do whatever they want, let them say whatever they want. Don't give a damn. It will get them vexed as hell to know that you're alright. To know that you don't give a damn because they're angry and they're screaming but you're there, taking a swig out of your favourite drink, not giving a hoot about what they say.

They will tire out and in the end, you'd be the victor. People like this are rubbish. They don't deserve the respect given and they take yours for granted. No matter how much you try to forgive them and no matter how many times you forgive them, they will never change. Unless of course there is a reason, but that's just a one-in-a-million thing.


This is true. Who cares what anybody thinks about you. They are nobody to judge. They're not God and only you know yourself best. But if you don't care what others think and you choose to ignore and take everything for granted, then, I honestly have no respect for you. (I hope you're not though :/)

Remember this?


This is Pele and Bobby Moore in the 1970 World Cup. This is them trading jerseys to counteract racism. Two men who were willing to let racism past them. Note that the 1970 World Cup was marred with racism. 

Even now, racism is not the thing of the past. We still have to deal with it everyday. I'm not exactly fair, yet I'm not exactly dark either. I'm of mixed parentage and yet, I'm sometimes stereotyped to be something I'm not. I'm judged based on my colour and I've even heard some people judging me by my looks. I don't care if it's good or bad. I think people should really get to know me instead of spreading things about me, be it good or bad.




I don't care if it's the beggars on the streets, the laborers or the old lady on the street, I want you to respect everyone. The blind, the deaf, the hearing, the seeing, the walking, the talking, the dumb, EVERYONE! Respect others. Your time in this world is short. Be it if you're a Christian, a Hindu, a Muslim, a Buddhist, a Jewish, or anything. I respect you. One day, we will all die. Whether you believe in the afterlife or not is not a question here. What's most important is how you treat others and how others treat you in return.

You don't deserve a point of view if all you think is you!I believe this.

One more last subject I'd like to touch on.

RESPECT FOR YOURSELF!

Self respect is very important. For others to respect you, you must first have respect for yourself.


I don't know who these girls are but here's a perfect example as to when you have no self respect. You lose your dignity and your respect from others, well, let's just say there isn't to start with. 

Don't throw yourself at every guy. Don't act like a slut who is desperate to get a guy. Don't pretend to be all sweet when you're not. Don't fake that orgasmic voice to sound cute because trust me, it isn't flattering at all. If one thing it does, it helps my digestion like when I eat something that makes my stomach sick, they do that without me even having to consume anything AT ALL. 

Also, I hate those people who drink two sips of alcohol and start acting like a clown and start yelling how high they feel and how happy they are. If you want to play in the rain, then by all means do, but don't be like a slut, jumping up and down so that people looks at your boobs jumping up and down. It's not a trampoline. We don't have fun looking at those unattractive things. You're like a pole dancer, people watch, they have fun and at the end of the day, you get nothing. 

It's funny how people do things like that to get attention when in reality, their self pride is being flushed down the toilet bowl. Their value drops like Niagara Falls. Now, I don't think there's a price tag there because obviously, there's a sign with "public property" written all over it. 

Some people just have a big open invitation sign showing how available they are, how wasted they can get, how demoralizing their personality is and honestly, I just don't see any reason as to why I should respect them. Their personality, their face, their everything just promotes to involuntary hurling. I don't think bulimic people will ever need laxatives of any sort if they're surrounded by these kind of people.

This are just some of my views on how respecting others and having self respect is important. I'm sure I'll have many people who would agree with me.

Till' my next post.xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment