Friday, June 8, 2012

Today's genre and pop culture

Alright,so we all know that we love listening to all those songs being played on the radio like  Outasight,F.U.N,Gotye,Justin Bieber,Eminem,Adele,Bruno Mars,Nicki Minaj,Pitbull, and Usher to name a few.

But by listening to all these songs,we're actually polluting our own mind.I'm sure you've noticed that most English songs constantly have something to do with break up,love,sex,girls,drugs,alcohol and etc. I mean,can't they actually produce good music?The beats and all are really uptight and promotes eargasms.there's no doubt about that but what I'm saying is the lyrical part of it.

Sometimes we get so caught up and we sing along but the we don't actually pay attention to the words we're saying.Yeah,it sounds so cool when they're rapping it and it looks so cool when she's moving her body to the rhythm of the music,

I wanna roll with him a hard pair we will be
A little gambling is fun when you're with me 
(I love it)
Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun
And baby when it's love if its not rough it isn't fun, fun

I don't know about you,but that's disgusting.The lyrics are from Poker Face-Lady Gaga. I'm not at all saying that I'm a self-righteous person who doesn't listen to music.I agree,I like most of the songs being played these days.It's very catchy and all.But I'm utterly disgusted by the fact that we're spun into this world of music that is so sick.

You may think that this has nothing to do with you or that you see no wrong in it.Alright,so maybe we're teenagers or adults.But how about those 3 year old or five year old kid.

Aint got no money in my pocket, but Im already here
Now, the dudes are lining up cause they hear we got swagger
But we kick em to the curb unless they look like Mick Jagger
Im talking about - everybody getting crunk, crunk
Boys trying to touch my junk, junk
Gonna smack him if he getting too drunk, drunk

Now,imagine them singing this.Doesn't it just seem so wrong.A 3 year old with no boobs or a shapely bum and they're actually being roped into this mad,sick industry just because they want instant fame and shit loads of cash.This is Tik Tok by Kesha.

Remember when Hannah Montana was a big hit?Now Justin Bieber,Selena Gomez,Matty B,Cody Simpson,Rebecca Black and all,they're target market are tweens.Ok,maybe you may think that it isn't a big deal.But hey,remember Jesse McCartney?He was a tween sensation too.Now,he sings about "Body Language" and all that.

It's hard switching phases from being a tween sensation to an adult,hard to gain fans as there's always going to be better,younger,cooler,hotter and more good looking youngsters.These kids don't have to know what the word "f***" means.They don't need to know "the way you shake that a**".

We should preserve them as children are the only innocent once and we're obliged to keep it pure.Unless you're a sick sociopath who preys on little girls and boys.(I'm not saying you are)

But if you are,

Also,some kids and models look too good to be true and the media is portraying them as a role model and we're all subjected to negativity if we don't look like them or if we're not pretty or if we're fat or if we're too thin and all that.The media project and the mind accepts and then they're judged.I honestly admire those people out there who can stand tall and not give a booger about what society has to say.It's alright to fall.But once you fall,don't let anyone trample on you,get back and if someone is holding you down,kick them.

Because honestly,I'm very much affected by society and my willpower isn't at all that good.Mainly because I care too much.But I'm working on that. ;)

Movies these days,like twilight and all those fairy tale movies that are constantly being showed in the cinemas right now is a testimony to the horror we face.Indeed,we live in a world full of hate,racism,boundaries and sometimes,it's nice to think that everything will be alright even if it's not for long.One wrong move you take on the social network and voila,you'll be caught up in the media rave and you'd be hated by almost everyone.

That's how twisted people are.Social network has become a platform for people to say things.Just because no one can see them,so they won't be beat up,people just say what they want to say without giving it a second thought.Another thing that affects this behaviour is that just because everyone is saying the same thing or just because everyone is doing that thing,we tend to go-with-the-flow.Sometimes,getting caught up in negative things.


No,I ain't.This is the story(summarized at least) of what's going on in our world.Money matters.It isn't always mind over matter.Sometimes,it's matter over mind.But one thing I'm sure,in this world,money over matter and money over mind.Or how else would you explain doing just about anything to get them.Funny how people fight for pieces of paper.Sometimes,neglecting their children,selling their kids,selling their bodies.

Money is important.I'm not saying it isn't.But being a teenager(I am a teenager) means making stupid decisions just because some people say "it's the time for us to have fun" and having to deal with the consequences later on in life.Happiness comes from things we do,no matter how rich you are or how poor you are,sharing is always a way to show that you care.I think you have to be poor to value being rich.But then again,not everyone is the same.It's how people perceive things.


Note:Just because I take snippets from Lady Gaga and Kesha's songs.Doesn't mean the others are better.Some are worst.But for the fear of little ones reading my blog,I have chosen the more subtle ones.

This is my take.Till the next post.xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment